Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gnocchi with pesto and veggie sauce

Last Wednesday was just perfect for eating dinner outside and I chose to make a dinner worthy of Spring.

CIMG3787 

Make a white sauce of 2 Tbsp butter or margarine,  3 Tbsp all-purpose flour and 1 1/4 cup milk. Melt butter and whisk in the flour on low-medium heat. Cook for a few minutes while whisking constantly. Add the milk and whisk till it is very thick and smooth. Add as much pesto as you would like.

CIMG3966

Cut up your favorite spring veggies. Mine were asparagus, red and yellow bell pepper and red onion. These take about the same amount of time to sauté.

CIMG3967

Lastly boil your gnocchi according to the direction on the bag. Mine usually take about 4 minutes till they are done. Strain and put in a serving bowl. Add the sauce right away and sprinkle the sautéed veggies on top together with some Parmesan cheese and black pepper. 

CIMG3970 

I am the only one who likes tomatoes in the family so after I was done sautéing the veggies I threw some (not sure they are cherry) small tomatoes in the pan, let them get warm and topped my dinner with them.

 CIMG3972 

The kids loved this, my husband loved it and I was in heaven.

Linking up to

6 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Yum! This looks delish! Love the fresh spring colors of this dish. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

This looks divine!!! I am a new follower, thanks for stopping by my place. I have to run to town, but will be back to look around when I get home.

Treat and Trick said...

Looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you'll give my recipe a try soon...

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

secondofwett said...

Hey Marianne..how nice of you to check back in w/me...I so appreciate it...Things went very well with wee William..we enjoyed having him very much and getting to know him a lot better! Unfortunately things w/my daughter have gotten worse but my sister's ear infection is slowly improving...although the doctor is pretty sure that her hearing loss, which is complete, is permanent. We are very grateful for her healing and the prayers of others.

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

This looks so so good! Thanks for the recipe I have to try this one!

Meet Virginia Design

ashley @ little miss momma said...

my mouth is watering! this is so a recipe I would enjoy!