Thursday, March 3, 2011

I got an award

This morning I woke up to go through my usual blog list of those I follow while drinking my coffee. I knew that one of my favorite bloggers had just received an award and today she posted about it. To my biggest surprise she passed it on to me. It just made my day.

Chocolate-Covered Chaos is one of my favorite blogs. Marie is so sweet and her kids are so much fun. She writes about her life and her kids as she is home schooling them. Coming up with fun crafts for her preschooler and lots of good food. Please go visit with her and tell her I sent you. You won’t regret it.

Thank you so much Marie for giving me this reward. I really, really appreciate it.

There are some rules with accepting this award.
1. Thank and link back to the person giving you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to other bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact these bloggers, and tell them about the award.

7 Little things you might not have known about me

  • I love to bake and freeze to have just in case, but I can’t because I don’t have a big enough freezer.
  • I love taking our cars in for service because I usually do it when my husband is home with the kids. That way I get a few hours to myself to blog or work on other paperwork on my computer. I am actually at the car dealership right now, but I had to bring my youngest today.
  • I have not been bored since I was 7 years old and learned to read.
  • I am allergic to cats and dogs and have one of each. I am also allergic to my dad, for real, he has a lot of dandruff because of eczema and I react to that. Hence since I couldn’t get rid of my dad, I can’t get rid of my pets.
  • I am Norwegian, born and raised there and my family still lives there. My oldest is born in Norway and my youngest is born in  the US. My husband is American.
  • I love to get lost when I am out driving, well at least when I have the time for it, how else can you get to know the area that you live in. We call it going on a sightseeing and it happens always by accident at least twice a month.  I used to panic when it happened, but now I just keep going in the general direction of where I was going and then I get to where I want eventually. Last week I ended up on Queen Anne in Seattle by accident trying to get to the freeway from Down Town Seattle. I have always wanted to go there and now I know how.
  • I love my coffee and my Coca Cola a little bit too much. I can’t go a day without anymore without getting a headache.

I would love to spread the love to some of the blogs I have just found that I am loving right now.

Beth @ Another Summer of Fun – Beth was so kind as to contact me personally to help me out when I was just getting started on my blog and we are almost neighbors. She loves Boing and if you haven’t visited her you should.

Lora @ A Yes Place – Lora just started this blog to log the adventure it is to say yes to opportunities that come up. Sometimes it is too comfortable to just say no and now she is trying to say more yes. Join her and cheer her on.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic – Rose is so funny and she has the greatest nose for treasures. She loves her dogs despite all the mischief they do and she always makes me laugh when I read her posts. Go check her out one day if you haven’t already.

Brooke @ Shorties Funnyfarm – Brooke shares her life with us, both the good and the bad and lots of tips on how to throw a good party. I have cried with her and I have laughed with her. She is also my inspiration when it comes to parties. Please go visit her and check out all the fun parties she has thrown for family and friends.

5 comments:

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Wow, Marianne! Now you've made MY day:) Thank you so much for your sweet words!

Lora Maria said...

Awwww!!! Thank you so much Marianne. I have never gotten a blog...anything before, and i've been blogging for over 10 years!!! :) that is so awesome! and today is my Birthday. This makes it just that more sweet!
You have been such an encouragement to me.
Blessings, always.
Lora

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me Marianne! I loved your 7 things about yourself. I like to go off the beaten path when driving too, I nearly always find some treasures at the curb when I do.

RedBettySummer said...

Thank you so much! The last couple of days have been so hectic but getting your email really calmed my spirit. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, and your time in following my blog. I can't wait to write my post about this award.

RedBettySummer said...

I had to stop by to make another comment about this post. That is so funny about getting lost and discovering new places. I just got a bit turned around where they are doing some construction around the I-5 I-90 interchanged and ended up on Dearborn. I have never in all my years of driving ever been on Dearborn. It was quite a fun excursion.