Friday, April 22, 2011

Me in Pictures

Visiting blogs linked up to Eisy Morgans Coffee with Friends I found My Life, His Grace. Sydney was doing a Flickr photo mosaic to describe who you are. She found it at an other blog called Grammy’s Recipes. I thought it looked like fun and figured I’d give it a go. The directions are as following.

Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr search, using only the first page, choose your favorite image, copy and paste each of the URL’s into the mosaic maker (3 columns, 4 rows).

mosaic1e4e072257b0933625587087748abe9166a2b835

1. What is your first name?

My name is Marianne. This one doll kept coming up as the best representative for my name. Not sure if that means that I am a doll?

2. What is your favorite food?

I will just have to say vegetables. Every time someone asks me what I want for dinner I always say anything as long as it has vegetables with it. When I cook at home I use way to little vegetables, I really have to get better at it, but my family hardly likes any.

3. What High School did you attend?

When I was an exchange student in the US I attended El Molino High School in Forestville, California. That was where I met my husband. That might actually be a good story for another time.

4. What is your favorite color?

My favorite color is Yellow and I love flowers. Especially in spring when the yellow really lights up the world around you. In my next house I want to have more yellow. Some rooms with gray walls and yellow accents and some with yellow walls. I think I will like that very much.

5. Who is your celebrity crush?

His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Norway Haakon Magnus. As a young girl I always imagined meeting him (even though he is way older than me) and that he would fall in love with me and I would become a princess. Instead I got married right before him to an American and he found a single mother and fell in love with her. This year I think we both have 10 year anniversaries.

6. Favorite drink?

I must say Frappuchinos. I love, love, love them and sometimes I have one a day. My favorite is Mocha with a dash of Raspberry or orange in it. Mmmmmmmmm….. Btw I make my own at home to save money. I buy the mixture they use at the coffee shop and blend it at home, just as good as at Starbucks.

7. Dream vacation?

That was easy, Norway of course. I want to go home. This picture is from the district that my dad is from and where I will be staying for the most of the summer this year.

8. Favorite dessert?

Norwegian Chocolate Pudding with vanilla sauce. I pretty much survived my childhood years on eating this. I was sick a lot and would loose my appetite, but the doctor told my mom to let me eat what ever I wanted and all I wanted was this and bananas. The doctor was happy with that. This and bananas are still my two favorite things to eat when I am sick and anytime really.

9. What do you want to be when you grow up?

I have always wanted to be a teacher and I have a masters degree in teaching. Unfortunately I don’t have my credential here and have not been able to teach since I moved to the US. I decided against getting my credentials here too because it got to expensive for me. Next year we are moving back to Norway and I hope to find a job teaching right away there.

10. What do you love most in life?

Most in life I love to read books. I would read all the time if it wasn’t for life getting in the way.

11. One word to describe you?

Chatterbox. I have a hard time keeping quiet when in company with other people than my family. I constantly try practicing to listen to others and asking them questions about them. The best picture to describe that is apparently a waterfall named Chatterbox.

12. Your Flickr name?

My flickr name is my name unfortunately. But one of the names in my email address is elf so I used that instead today.

1. Marianne, 2. Preparing Vegetable Stock, 3. El Molino High School, 4. Yellow!, 5. hkh_kronprins_haakon-68, 6. caramel frappuchino, 7. Steigen, 8. Puddings!, 9. Timken Roller Bearing Co., calendar, September 1950, teacher at desk, 10. Read Across America Day, 11. Chatterbox Falls, Princess Louisa, BC., 12. elf 2

4 comments:

Jenner said...

Ohhh this is too fun not to do! :)

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

I love the pictures that go with the words! What a fun way to get to know people.

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Marianne this looks a great idea..definately going to give it a go! Thank You so much for visiting my journal blog & for your kind words ((hugs)) I am so happy you visited! Thank you for your invite..xx

Wishing you a lovely day. Best wishes, Gez.

Anonymous said...

How fun! This is a neat idea. Do tell more about that vanilla sauce. ;)