Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nature has dressed for Easter

CIMG3933I grew up with Easter being dressed in the colors of Yellow and Purple.

Purple is the color for waiting and for preparation. We are celebrating Lent in the color of Purple, waiting and preparing for Easter.

Kyrie Eleison, Lord, have mercy.  

CIMG3936

Yellow reminds me of the sun, Easter Lilies (Daffodils) reminds me of the candles at my church. Candles that are there to remind us that Jesus is the light of our world. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

CIMG3938For some reason in Norway Easter is highly associated with  lots of snow, cross country skiing, Easter eggs filled with chocolate, Orange soda, hot chocolate, big breakfasts with lots of eggs, Lamb steak, Mysteries, board games, oranges, daffodils, tulips, chickens, family gatherings and late nights.

CIMG3940

To tell the truth, I am immensely homesick right now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures. I am sorry you are feeling homesick. I bet Norway is a beautiful country.

P.S. We are having a giveaway over on my blog. I hope that you can come check it out.

http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading our story! I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced similar heartache but am thrilled to see that you have two beautiful daughters. :) Your pictures of spring are stunning!

I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll come back again soon and perhaps become a follower, as well! :)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com