Monday, May 23, 2011

Lollipop Birthday Party Invites

CIMG4521 CIMG4523

This morning I was finally able to finish all the invites for my daughters birthday party. Isabel chose the theme of Lollipops and I really thought it would be easy to find Lollipop themed supply at any store, but I was wrong. We really should have chosen cupcakes. Still we kept going and I did a lot of research to see if I could find Lollipop themed invitations and other party supply both online and in stores, but didn’t have much luck.

I decided instead of making everything myself. I bought basic cards in five colors at JoAnn together with a scrapbook paper collection.

CIMG4516 CIMG4518

To make a lollipop on the front I cut two circles of two different papers and then I cut them holding them together into spirals. That way I could make lollipops with two colors. The stick is just ordinary copy paper that was scrapped.

Then I used a party hat sticker I got at JoAnn to create some dimension to the card and a stamp to create the wording.

CIMG4519 CIMG4520

To avoid having to handwrite on all the invites I used Microsoft Publisher to create the invitation text inside the card. I created a textbox and framed it with pinheads that I thought looked more like lollipops. Then all I had to do was write in all the text and copy and paste to get four to a page, print it, cut it out and glue it into the card. Assembling the cards having the printouts already done, but not having the lollipops cut out, took me 1.5 hours this morning.

image

Isabel was so happy with the design and has already given some out to her friends at school.

More to come…

Sharing my craftiness at

Todays Creative Blog

1 comment:

brooke said...

These are SO cute and budget friendly. Great job.