Monday, May 2, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

If you are Isabel’s teachers please stop reading right now, otherwise keep going.

A few weeks ago I took my mouth to full and offered to make all 35 teacher appreciation gifts  at Isabel’s school for the PTA. They gave me a budget of $75 to buy supply for, but I had no idea what to do though.

I headed over to Skip to my Lou who is doing a whole series on teacher appreciation gifts. There was so much to choose from and it was really hard to narrow it down. The reason I chose what I did was that it was easy to alter to my skill level and I wouldn’t have to spend to much time on it as I am really busy right now.

This was my inspiration. Image and idea from Stampers Dream.

I don’t have that many paper crafting tools  so I knew I couldn’t do it exactly the way Michelle at Stampers Dream did it, but I knew I could make with the tools I have.

I cut 12x12 sheets of scrapbooking paper  in four 6x6 squares. Using some double sided scrapbooking tape on one side I wrapped the Chocolate bars in the paper.

To decorate the top I used Microsoft Publisher to make the text using the saying Michelle used on hers. I printed it out on some nice scrapbooking cardstock. Then I bought Fiskars Circle cutter and used it to cut the sayings out in perfect circles.  Fiskars 93807097 Circle Cutter with 2 Replacement Blades

I also cut coordinating scrapbooking cardstock  in a slightly bigger circle. Using the double sided scrapbooking tape again I taped the circles together and then onto the front of the chocolate bars.

I bought some pearl bling stickers that I used as well.

I am so happy with the result. My final price on these were $31. I bought 9 sheets of scrapbooking paper, 35 chocolate bars, the Circle cutter, and 2 pearl bling.

On Wednesday I am going to meet with the PTA leader and put these in the teachers mailboxes at school. I really hope they will like them.

CIMG4511

Sorry about the pictures. On them it says A sweet thank you for all you do. Teacher Treats. Now I just have to find out how to say who it is from.

Sharing this with these great bloggers

The Girl CreativeSumo Sweet Stuff

4 comments:

Suzie said...

very cute...filing this away!

http://sassandfrasscrafts.blogspot.com/ said...

So cute.
Tess

Unknown said...

MArianne, I will be featuring your project on my blog tomorrow! www.beforemeetsafter-frugalfinder.blogspot.com
Make sure you grab a button and post about your feature! I love the idea :)

RedBettySummer said...

These are beautiful. I know your teachers will appreciate them. I just used my circle cutter to make cork coasters for all my airplanes. My boss thought it was quite the cool tool. I have a mind to make my job as craft-friendly as possible.