Monday, June 13, 2016

My second quilt

When Isabel was about five I decided I would try to make her a quilt and after a year of working on it I managed to finish it. Then when Sofie was five I wanted to make one for her too, but it took until she was six and a half that I finally did it. With the first one I had Isabel choose fabric and I cut all the fabric myself and spent a lot of time making different blocks. With this one I chose fabric out of the colors I know Sofie likes and I chose to buy a jellyroll. I had no idea what to do with a jellyroll, but I spent some time on pinterest and found that a jellyroll race quilt would be the best option for me at this point. 

Putting it together ment a lot of cutting and now I regret that I didn't save all those little pieces since I am sure I could have made something out of them too.


I use my sewing machine to quilt and I just make a lot of swirls. So far I have found that to be the fastest and easiest way for me to finish a quilt. 


Here is a close up of the swirls.


The finished quilt. My husband is behind there holding the quilt so it is quite big. Sofie now uses it every night. From start to finish it took me about five days to make it and I am eager to try to make another one soon. Next time though I might try to make different blocks again, but this was a quick and easy quilt to make just to get me started. 


No comments: