Here is a close up of the swirls.
Monday, June 13, 2016
Here is a close up of the swirls.
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Three weeks has gone by since my parents arrived to help out with putting metal sheeting on the walls of the barn. The weeks has flown by so fast that I can’t believe we got so much done. Two walls got covered and my mom and I got a whole lot of other things done at the same time. The picture shows my dad up on the scaffolding preparing for the last sheeting to be carried up there and bent around the corner. That was Sunday. Monday we got the last sheet up and took down all the scaffolding. Not to mention the fact that my mom and I cleaned out my garage for stuff going either to a flea marked or the recycle plant. I managed to clean out a whole room in my basement that was filled up with either trash or our old stuff that we didn’t need anymore and I had put it all in the garage. So Monday it all went were it belonged.
Now after being so busy for so long, I am trying to fill my days again with things that needs to be done before we leave on vacation. Today I have baked 9 bread, cleaned the hall, washed clothes and started packing. I got to keep busy so I don’t fall into a depression again. I feel it is not far off and I really don’t want it to take over now right before vacation. Making myself todo lists helps a lot. I have achieved a lot just today.
Saturday, June 4, 2016
I thought I would share my bucket list for things I just have to do when I visit the states again. This summer on June 23rd I will arrive in Edmonds, Washington, and spend about two weeks there before going to Disneyland on the 9th of July.
1. Visit the spa. I have a spa I have visited several times in Lynnwood that I really enjoy. It is called the Olympus spa and I try to visit it every time I’m back. For those interested in visiting sometime this is the link for it https://www.olympusspa.com.
2. Visit friends. After living in Lynnwood for six years I have a lot of good friends still living nearby and when I visit I always try to get together with as many of them as possible.
3. Visit the zoo’s. In the Seattle area there is a lot of different animal parks that I enjoy visiting. This time we will visit Point Defiance zoo and Woodland Park zoo.
4. Visit Pike place market. There is always something new at the market to see and I love shopping for handmade things, flowers and donuts there. I also found a great place for gelato last time I came there with my cousin and I hope to find it again this time.
5. Glazed and Amazed in Edmonds. The kids love to go there to paint pottery that they can bring home with them. And we always make a day out of it visiting a small toy store and the frozen yogurt place down there.
6. Sounders soccer game for my husband.
It isn’t the longest bucket list, but it is what we deem the most important things for us to do. Especially hanging out with family and friends.
Only 18 days left till we leave on our vacation.
Friday, June 3, 2016
Sunday, May 15, 2016
A long time ago I started a blog and it kept me sane for three years while living in the states dealing with my youngest daughters illness and my homesickness. Then for two years I was quiet before I for a brif time wrote 25 posts in 2014 ending it while on vacation in the US.
I don’t know why I stopped writing other than somewhat feeling embarrassed that I wrote a blog and overwhelmed over the demands I put on myself in regards to the posts I wrote.
Now I am thinking I should get back to writing again as a way to keep track of my thoughts and my days. I am not working at the time being and to keep myself busy now I think writing again would be good. Maybe also finding back to my camera again and play with taking pictures would be good.
It seems like I had 58 followers at a time and I hope some of you are still out there. It would be nice knowing that there is someone out there reading this, but for the most part I will be writing for myself and my own wellbeing.