Monday, March 15, 2010

Mottos


Grøtfjord, Norway (One of my favorite places in the world)
"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one can only remember to turn on the light."

I was doing some research online, well actually just googling the word Motto, and on Wikipedia I found a list of Mottos. On the list of mottos I found this by Albus Dumbledore. Or can I say that it is by Albus Dumbledore as he is in fact a fiction figure made up by the author J. K. Rowling? That always confuses me.

No matter what I love it. It is just so true. You cannot find happiness unless you remember to try to find it. Sometimes you get so caught up in your unhappiness that there seems to be no end to it. Especially during dark times of struggle.

Even during the darkest of times there is good somewhere, but it isn't always easy to see it. That is where the phrase "remember to turn on the light" hits it right on. Sometimes it can be as little as just remembering your favorite little spot or thing and just get there or that. Sometimes you need a little help of someone who drops by with a little something. Sometimes it is your child(ren) coming up to you and telling you they love you.

During my darkest time I found happiness at the beach just staring out over the ocean listening to the waves rolling in, breathing the fresh clean air and feeling the wind in my hair pushing on my body, waking me up.

I hope you too have a place where you can go to find happiness in times of darkness.

What is your reminder to turn on the light to find happiness?

No comments: