Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Coffee and thoughts on Saturday

It is a wet and dreary day outside today, I guess that is why I am actually sitting down writing a few blog posts. Yesterday (Friday) it was a rather nice and dry day here and Sofie and I decided to ride our bike down to the mall to meet a friend at the play area to play for a while. It was so nice even though it really hurt riding the bike as I went for a long run Thursday. All the hills were steeper and longer than usual and I had to walk most of them. It took me 10 more minutes than usual getting down to the mall. Oh well, we didn't mind since it wasn't raining.

In the afternoon the girls and I attended an art gallery reception with my mother in law and Isabel's first grade teacher. The artist, Max Lyonga, who were showing his work had been in Isabel's class on Thursday and held an all day art lesson and their class's art were being shown together with the art of the artist and art made of kids from Cameroon where the artist is from. It was really neat and a fun experience for Isabel.

Thursday I went running in the morning. The ground were so soggy wet that I got stuck in the mud all the time. Some days I wish I could run on Asphalt. I am still sore from it. My husband had the day off and we cleaned the house and made dinner together, such a rare treat. In the afternoon we had a realtor visit us. We have decided to forth with a short sale of our condo. Hopefully within the next month or so. It will be very busy getting ready for it here.

There are two reasons for us doing a short sale, one is that we are moving to Norway next summer and we need to sell here first and since the condos in our neighborhood is now selling for half of what we bought for we will never be able to sell without a loss unless we do a short sale, two is that when our daughter was diagnosed last year with immune deficiency it depleted all our savings even though our medical insurance is really good and we can barely make our payments now on the condo.

This upcoming week is going to be busy and fun. We are getting ready for family from Norway to join us for Easter. I am going to write a couple more posts today. Sorry about posting all in one day, but I have a lot on my mind.

Thank you for joining me for coffee this morning.

7 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

The art show sounds so neat...as well as cleaning and cooking with the husband...something that NEVER happens around here! :) Hope all goes well and you can get your condo sold. This is such a rough real estate market, so sorry about all you are going through!

Hope you get everything ready for your family's visit!

brindisi family said...

I'm so glad you're going to be with family for Easter - what a blessing!
I know it will be tough but so many people are doing short sales right now .. hopefully it will be a relatively painless procedure for you. I'll keep you in my prayers that it all works out!

Milica said...

The gallery reception sounds wonderful! What a great experience for your girls!
Good luck with the condo sale! I know many people who have been through the same thing. It is difficult to go through.
It will be better when it is over!
Have a wonderful visit with your family for Easter!

Anonymous said...

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

Danyelle said...

The art show sounds fun. Good luck with the sale of your condo!

Anonymous said...

This bizarre weather pattern is starting to bother me. It has been dreary and rainy at times over here too. We did enjoy just one week of warm weather, and I am waiting....longest winter ever...I really shouldn't complain because we don't even get snow or tornadoes(!) over here, but it's just so hard to get out with the kids when it's windy and cold.

The art gallery sounds really fun. It is so neat to meet an artist whose art you've seen.

I wanted to do a 5k this year, but haven't found any asphalt races nearby on dates that will work for me. All the others are trails. I don't think I'm up for that, esp with hills.

I hope that things will work out for your home selling....and your future move.

Enjoy your time with family. That is always nice.

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

Wow. You have a lot going on. But it sounds like some pleasant memories are getting tucked in and around the responsibilities -- the bike ride, the art gallery show (how neat!) and family soon coming to visit. I hope their visit is encouraging.