Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Norwegian Caramel Cookies

IMG_9996

Back home in Norway we have some family friends that every year would make this delicious cookie that tasted like caramels. Every time we visited I would make sure to steal them all of the serving plate and eat them all because they were just that good. When I moved away to go to college I knew I wouldn’t be home for Christmas very often and I finally asked them if I could please have the recipe and they were so nice as to give it to me.

For this you will need a metric scale and a metric measuring cup, my recommended once are at the bottom of this post.

  • 200 grams of Margarine
  • 2 1/2 deciliter Sugar

Creamed together

Add

Blend together and add

  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar
  • 6 deciliter All Purpose Flour

Knead it to a ball and roll out to long snakes that you push flat to about 3/8 of an inch thickness on a Parchment Paper.

IMG_9754IMG_9760IMG_9755IMG_9762

Bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit till they start to brown on the edges and are golden on top.

Take them out and instantly cut them with a pizza cutter. Break them apart when cooled down.

IMG_9759

No comments: