Sunday, June 13, 2010

My little girl is sick


Picture taken June 6th.
It has been one of those weeks.

Tuesday was fun and busy. Sofie and I went to a couple of play dates, she had fun and I had fun. Everything seemed like normal, though she had had a little cold for the last week or so. I just thought it was all due to the new teeth coming in.

Then comes Wednesday with a high fever and no appetite. She barely sleeps for more than an hour at the time and seems to have a tummy ache.

Thursday and she seems even worse, but since hubby is home we decide to wait it out since it still seems very much like Isabel when she was teething. And since we had a family dentist appointment in the afternoon and he told us that her two upper front teeth was coming in, that really confirmed our thought about it just being teething.

Friday and I finally get to take her temperature. 103.7 degrees Fahrenheit. Guess if I felt bad then. Not only had we not slept well for two nights, but I knew she had a fever. I called the doctor right away and got an appointment a couple of hours later.

DOUBLE WHAMMY...
Ear infection. My poor little girl. I know exactly how she has it as I just had one myself while I was in Norway. On top of that she is still getting the two front teeth.
Now she is on antibiotics and I just hope she will feel better soon.

It is so hard to see your little ones being sick and it is so frustrating not knowing what I can do to make her feel better. All I can do is keep on nursing her when she is hungry or thirsty, and give her Tylenol to relieve her discomfort.

1 comment:

Focus On Kids Pediatrics said...

“It is so hard to see your little ones being sick and it is so frustrating not knowing what I can do to make her feel better.” – I couldn’t agree more. As a parent myself, it is heartbreaking to see your kid suffer, even from a simple cough and cold. But reading your post, I think that you did your best to take care of your little girl. You can take it as a learning experience.

>Logan Rojas