Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cheese Sandwich

IMG_8181

I found this little kitchen tool in a storage area while I was going through a few things trying to find something to use for decorations.

IMG_8182

It doesn’t seem to be too old and even though none of my parents ever remember ever seeing it or even it being used, but it has definitively been used.

IMG_8183

One day I decided to try it by making myself a cheese sandwich of some store bought bread and some cheese that we had.

While you butter up the bread and put the cheese in there you have to let the iron warm up on the oven for about 10 minutes. You get it evenly heated by turning it around after half gone time. Then you place your sandwich in there and let it sit for 2 minutes on one side and another 2 minutes on the other side. After this you open it and check to see if it is done.

IMG_8186

Nice and crisp on the outside…

IMG_8187

And nice and gooey on the inside…

2 comments:

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Yum :) It looks like a mountain pie maker...you just load them and hold them over a camp fire. What a fun way to make an ooey gooey sandwich :)

Creatively Content said...

I love finding old things and how fun you can still use it. Fun find. I wanted to drop a note because I am an American living in Turkey and your about me page was interesting to me as I know the back and forths of travel and missing my homeland and yet loving where I am. Nice to meet you. :) I am a new follower. If you have a chance pop by my blog...
http;//bloggingthemoments.blogspot.com, there is a page on 'my west corner' which is a lot about my cultural experience. If you have a chance. Much care to you.