Thursday, February 17, 2011

How I Make Time For Myself

Energized life button

As a stay at home mom it is easy to get caught up in the kids and housework and play dates and school and homework and laundry and … you get the point.

It happened to me and I lost myself for a while. When I finally found myself I was a mother of two, sleep deprived, 25 lbs overweight, totally out of shape, no energy to do anything, stressed, full of creative anxiety without an outlet because I didn’t find time to craft, I felt spiritually lost.

I made a list of things I needed to change in my life. The biggest thing was to find time for myself to do things for me and not just for everyone else.

Finding the time was not easy. I would get up in the morning and get my kids out of bed, get the oldest to school and then take care of the baby, the house and everyone around me till the kids were in bed and I crashed on the sofa. I had to do something different.

I started to get up at 5 AM. It is not easy, but most days I do it and that goes even on weekends. Sometimes I can sleep in till 6, but no longer than 7. How can I do this you ask, well I go to bed usually at 9 PM and no later than 10:30.

This gives me 2 hours before the kids get up in the morning and 2 hours at night after the kids are in bed.

In the morning I work on my bible study, my MOPS newsletter or my blog. Sunday mornings I read the Sunday paper and go through the coupons and work on my grocery list. Sometimes I can even find time enough to work on some crafts.

In the evening I do a five minute clean up in each room, I’ve got three rooms to do. Then I work on my blog or I craft. Both things I can do while hanging out with my hubby while he plays video games.

With this I have been able to find time for my creative outlets and for spiritual fillings. I am feeling calmer, and more fulfilled. And I am a better mom for it now.

What are your tricks to find time for yourself?

No comments: