Monday, February 21, 2011

My Crafty Weekend

Some weekends just go so fast I feel like I can’t get anything done. This weekend almost ended up being just that, but I finally got the procrastinator plug pulled out and inspiration and creativity made for a productive weekend.

I have a few projects that I have thought about doing for a long time. Last spring my husband and I bought POÄNG Chairs from IKEA, but since we didn’t like the cheapest pillows and we couldn’t afford the pillows we liked, we chose some fabric for me to reupholster them. I don’t know why I haven’t done it before, but I thought it was going to be so difficult. It took me less than an hour and I know I could have done a better job and maybe done it a little differently, but we like it and it is done.

chair collage

When I was a baby my mom bought a little baby hat for me and both my girls have used it. I have many times tried to find it again to buy more, but the company that made them no longer exist. A lot of my friends were asking if I couldn’t just make it because they would like to have one for their girls and I finally got to it. I changed the pattern a little bit to fit my cutting skills and from start to finish it took me less than an hour.

babylue

My oldest daughter has really long hair and I love to play with it, but she keep loosing all of her hair ties. So I made a couple for her. That took me about 20 minutes. She has also asked for more clothes for her new doll, but when doll clothes cost more than kids clothes I will rather just make my own. I bought patterns yesterday and JoAnn and having no previous experience sewing by a pattern I made one pair of pants. It took me less than an hour. Seriously and it was so easy.

CIMG3643

I also had two pieces of foam board that I didn’t want to just throw in the trash. They got transformed into wall decor. So easy and fast, now my wall is feeling so springy.

CIMG3635

What did you craft up this weekend?

Linking up to

The Girl CreativeSumo Sweet Stuff
SYS ThursShow and Tell Green
Transformation Thursday
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

what great projects! love the chair fabric.

Unknown said...

How cute, I love the creative mind! Don't waist a thing..all can be beautiful! Thanks for linking up at EisyMorgan!!

Marianne said...

Thank you "the cape of the corner" my husband actually picked the fabric out and I must say I love it. I am almost wanting to make new curtains in the same colors, but my 20 yard windows doesn't really invite me to do so again.
Ashley, you have no idea how many of those little foamboards I have wasted by just throwing them out. I am just kicking myself right now. Think of all the cute stuff I could have made of them...

By the Bluegrass said...

Wowzie! you were productive that weekend! Nice job on all! I have been wanting to make some American girl clothes.
xo,
Sena