Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Votives

Since I am not a supermom (not to say that moms that make their own baby food are) I bought baby food on jars.

Seeing that the size of the smaller jars would be perfect for tea lights I saved a whole lot of them.

I had many plans for them that I found here and there.

Unfortunately my husband was not found of the idea of a chandelier made of baby food jars.

I liked the idea of painting them, but first I just wanted to try out another idea that I came up with myself.

Yarn wrapped votives.

CIMG3580

All you need is

  • some yarn (I used leftovers)
  • school glue
  • little bit of paint
  • baby food jars

You start by wrapping the yarn around the opening leaving some glass showing at the top. This will secure the yarn.

Wrap the yarn carefully in a single layer all the way down almost to the bottom where you secure it using the glue.

CIMG3581 

Draw a heart or other symbol on top of the yarn with glue and press down more yarn till you can clearly see the shape made out of yarn.

Dab a little bit of paint on top of the raised symbol just to make it stand out a little bit more. Voila, you are done.

CIMG3582

Linking up to these parties


The Girl Creative

3 comments:

Shabby Soul said...

These turned out really cute! What a great idea!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

These are adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today--I love your idea of using my Valentine's Play Dough Truffles on April Fool's Day! Why didn't I think of that??

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I featured this on my blog today! Please stop by to check it out and grab a featured button!

http://she-wears-flowers.com