- 21 ounces or circa 5 cups (600 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (125 grams) sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom (I like a little bit extra so I do 2)
- 14 Tbsp (200 grams) butter
- 5 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- ca 2 cups (3 deciliter) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Pearl sugar (I know you can find it at IKEA)
Mix flour, sugar, cardamom and yeast in a baking bowl.
Cut the butter into the flour.
Warm the milk up to circa 100 degree Fahrenheit.
Whip the eggs lightly and add them and the milk to the flour.
Using your dough hook work the dough well, cover it up and let it rise to double the size.
Knead the dough lightly and divide in three equal sized rolls. Roll each on out to a long roll and braid them together.
Let it rise for another 20 minutes. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle Pearl sugar on top.
Bake in oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.