Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have a life

My friend and I were joking the other day about our “work titles”. We are both “stay at home moms”, but lately neither one of us have been spending much time at all at home. She has four kids, all girls, the oldest is in kindergarten and the youngest is about 9 months old. I have two girls at two and seven years old. Her days are filled with dropping off and picking up one at school, taking this same one to her ballet classes, taking the second oldest to gymnastics classes and then doctor appointments and play dates. My days are filled with dropping Isabel of and picking her up from school, play dates for Sofie, meetings and volunteer work where I have to visit other peoples homes or be at the church. For a while I spent up to 6 hours a day at church working on volunteer stuff while Sofie was playing by my feet. Our new titles we found were “Stay in van mom” and “Stay at church mom”.

For a while I was worried I wouldn’t know what to do with myself ones this busyness subsided and I would have to go back to being a “stay at home mom” again. Things slipped at home and I just did a minimum when I was home.

Finally the day came and I had to find out if I had a life again. I got so overwhelmed. My house was a mess and I had to clean it up as our realtor told us that our buyers bailed on us and we again had to put the house on the market. When you have to you do it. Over the course of a weekend I managed to clean up the whole house and get it show ready. Now I do only minimum maintenance to keep it up and it is working out good.

I also finally got back at blogging again. Slowly finding me in all of this mom business and volunteer busyness. The next thing now is getting back at making lists. Christmas is coming up really fast now and considering the fact that I have to send gifts to Norway I need to get started a.s.a.p.

Also considering the fact that I have to start focusing on downsizing due to our upcoming move back to Norway I will have to start working through room after room to find what we want to keep and what we can give away or sell.

By next week I will have a Christmas gift list made, a Thanksgiving décor list, and a room by room list started. Also I will have started on my new system for meal planning.

I am linking up on Anti Procrastination Tuesdays to keep me accountable.

2 comments:

RedBettySummer said...

Anti-procrastination Tuesday is the best! I'm sad I have forgotten to post several weeks now. Actually, I did my post twic but then forgot to link up. Any way, I'm glad I stopped by today to read everyone's posts. The important part about whatever job title you take is to enjoy your children at each stage. Also, it's ok to be unbusy. "Be still, and know I am Lord," right? Just the same same, God calls us Proverbs women to be busy and not lazy, too. No way you can be lazy with that huge list of things to do this Fall. Happy Homemaking!

brindisi family said...

I cannot believe you're already thinking about Christmas gifts!!! I just can't seem to get myself together :)