Sunday, October 9, 2011

Committed

Committed

My second book to read this summer was “Committed – a Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage” by Elizabeth Gilbert the author of “Eat, Pray, Love – One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia.”

I recently finished Gilbert’s bestseller Eat, Pray, Love and when I found Committed ready to download at my library I just knew I had to read it too.

Just like Eat, Pray, Love this too is a memoir. The difference is that it also contains some socio-historical bonus sections as she is trying to make peace with the complicated institution of marriage.

I still find it amazing that I actually found this book immensely interesting and that after being married 10 years could learn so many new facts about marriage that I didn’t know from before. For example that society didn’t invent marriage, couples did that. Society just tried to control the couples, but have never been able to do so.

I would definitively suggest this book for my friends and family to read as I really enjoyed reading it myself.

I was not asked to write this recommendation for this book, but I am an affiliate of Amazon and will make some profit if you use this link to buy the book.

No comments: