Friday, October 7, 2011

Healthy Banana Bread

IMG_9222

My kids love bananas and I love bananas for my smoothies, but some weeks we just don’t eat enough of them and they get too old for our taste.

This time I decided I wanted to try out a new recipe for Banana Bread and after checking out several different ones I ended up mixing three recipes into one.

  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt naturel
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp bakingsoda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg

I mixed the sugar, flax seed, bananas, milk, yogurt and egg in my kitchen aid till it was more or less smooth. Then blended together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding it to the wet ingredients and just folding it together till all the dry ingredients were just moist. Pour into a greased bread pan.

I baked it on 350 degree Fahrenheit for 1 hour, but I think that was just a little too short and it could probably have used another 30 minutes.

It tasted delicious and is kids approved. Not too sweet and definitively full of good stuff. Enjoy.

1 comment: