Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
This week we are going camping. Well at least Jesse and Isabel are camping, while Sofie and I are mostly just driving. Due to Sofies doctor visit on Wednesday we will have to come home on Tuesday and then just drive back to the campsite on Wednesday after the doctor visit. That makes it four days of driving since we are going camping on Monday and coming home on Thursday.
It is all worth it though. I love the place we are camping, the tall trees, the ocean, the animals scurrying around, the ride there, the views and the peace. We have not gone camping for three years and Isabel is so excited. I am a little nervous of camping with Sofie since she is suffering from a congested nose and heart burn because of one of her antibiotics. Still I think it will be fine.
While we were in Norway we went for a long drive to visit the worlds biggest Troll and his wife. Seeing them made me think about out upcoming 9th anniversary. I want to grow old with my man, find a little farm in Norway, by the ocean to live at. Sitting side by side, looking out at the world, admiring our grandchildren. That it has already been nine years since we got married is almost hard to believe. Time flies. It has not been easy, but we have managed.
I really want to buy him something nice or make him something for our anniversary. This is the second year that I actually remember our day. The first time was last year and I got it a day late, but usually it is him remembering it and me forgetting it and hence me getting surprised every year. When Wednesday comes I want to be able to surprise him with something and I have three days to figure something out. I have a plan that involves either the traditional pottery or the contemporary leather gifts and cake from one of our favorite cake places.
It will be a busy week for me, but I will try to find time to relax, to read, to blog, to get some chores done.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Right now I'm grateful for
21. my husband being healthy again.
22. my friends offering to watch my kids for me.
23. being able to treat my youngest daugther at home with the help of the home nurses.
24. PIK lines making me able to give my youngest her IV antibiotics myself every day.
25. my mother in law hiring me to clean her house for her.
26. my lovely gas barbeque that enables me to make dinner on hot summer days.
27. doctor offices that understand when a mom is frazzled, crying on the phone because she got lost on her way to said office.
28. oxyclean products that really get my carpet clean after the dog threw up on it.
29. a day of rain after days of sun.
30. having a small condo making keeping it up so much easier.
Why I am finding it so hard to write this list every Sunday/Monday?
Saturday, July 10, 2010
I am linking up to Amys A-P Tuesdays, albeit a little late. I guess thats the part of procrastinating. I am doing two to do lists today for what I want to accomplish next week. With Sofie being sick the last 5 (?) weeks, a lot has ended up on the back burner. This will be the week of doing fun things with the girls and catching up on some house work.
Monday, July 5, 2010
1. Party decor. Since both my kids birthday were within these 10 days I had one big birthday party to plan. Isabel wanted a rainbow party. I had managed to get used plastic table cloths for free that I cut up and made pompoms of. What was left of the table cloths were used as table cloth at the party. The only money I used was $9.99 for a pinjata, $5 for 4 ballons, $4 for plates, napkins and spoons.
The kids were so happy with their party and their decorations, and I had a lot of fun doing it for them.
2. I baked 5 bread and even blogged about it here.
3. I made a chocolate cake for the kids party. Isabel was so excited about her rainbow cake, but did comment that I had the colors in the wrong order.