Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I’ve kind of procrastinated

As usual on a Tuesday I am linking up with Amy and the rest of the procrastinators at Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays @ New Nostalgia.

The funny thing about writing an anti procrastination post is how I always procrastinate writing it. Actually I did start early this morning when I got up at 5am, but then I realized that I needed some more pictures. Then I took some pictures and misplaced my camera. Sofie kept crying because of her tummy and we had a gymnastics class with MOPS, then there were the house that needed to be cleaned. I have accomplished so many things today except for the one thing on my list that I really wanted to do which was writing this post.

CIMG3953 CIMG3990

See my stairs. Remember the picture I showed you last week of my stairs? I found the perfect solution for it and I posted how I did it yesterday. See how nice my carry all box looks on my clean stairs. My husband even vacuumed the stairs for me. We have got a lot of use out of the box already and everyone is good at bringing it up and down the stairs, filling and emptying it. Total success.

 CIMG3992 CIMG3993

Last fall I bought this shelf for my master bathroom because it was always so annoying not having extra towels in there if I needed one. I wanted a shelf to keep extra towels on in there so I bought this shelf for $8 at Target. It took me almost 6 months to hang it after it took me almost 4 years to buy it.

CIMG3904 CIMG3997

My stairs has a very small landing and this is where I have kept our stroller and back pack. Not anymore though. The stroller and back pack will both be sold soon and no more will I be storing it on top of my stairs. I will however get some flowers in a flower pot up there to bring some more color there and make it more welcoming.

CIMG3998

I redecorated my wreath for my door, but I don’t know if I should keep it on my door or if I should move it to the wall so you see it when you come up the stairs. What do you think?

CIMG3995CIMG3996   

I needed a new canister for the flax meal I am giving Sofie now as it came in a bag and that really didn’t work well. Using contact paper on an old bread crumb canister worked like magic and in 5 minutes I had a beautiful box that is worthy of a front row place on my counter. 

CIMG4001

I had this picture on my mantel last you saw it on my blog, but it didn’t have a frame. I found a frame at Joanns yesterday that had had its glass broken. That was perfect for me as I knew exactly what I would use it for. I took some double tape and stuck the picture in the frame. I fit perfect.

CIMG4002  CIMG4000

Now the picture hangs over our master bedroom fireplace. The picture actually belongs to Sofie and I thought this picture of her was perfect as saying “That is my picture mamma, give it back to me now or else…” Love that little girl of mine.

My plans for next week is

  • planting the flowers I bought on Friday.
  • clean my fridge
  • organize papers
  • and some more
Next week I will be joining Anna in doing some spring cleaning and organizing for the next few weeks. Come join in with us.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Great job, Marianne! Love the canister!

Jessica Lauren said...

What a simple and cute idea! It looks wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the spring stroll scene. I'm a new follower of yours now, you have some wonderful crafty and organizational ideas!
~*Jessica Lauren @
http://copy-cat-crafter.blogspot.com

jeana said...

Your procrastination skills are about the same as mine. I long for something, take years to buy it, and finally put it up 6 months later. Yup, that about sums it up! Love everthing you've done!!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Whew, I'm a fellow procrastinator, so I know exactly what you mean. By the time I get a post ready to publish I have so much to put in it, just like yours! You got a lot done this week!
I vote for the wreath going on the wall, btw. If not the wreath, maybe a sign or something.

nicole. said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Ummm... yep your right we have a few things in common (other than the teacher... etc) my stairs constantly look like this... my front door holds all things random... sigh. mommyhood ;)