Monday, March 28, 2011

Carry all box for stairs

Most days my stairs looks like a hazard, an accident waiting to happen because of all the things that get left on them. My husband and I leave stuff there to bring upstairs, my oldest daughter sometimes dumps her backpack there and my youngest likes to throw it all over the place.

I decided it was time to try to corral it all in one place or rather in one box. Unfortunately I didn’t have any empty boxes that would fit on the stairs and I really didn’t want to go out and buy a box either. So I decided to make my own.

I used one empty card board box that used to contain wet wipes. Duct tape and shelf liner / contact paper. This project cost me $0 as this was things I already had on hand.

CIMG3991CIMG3982 CIMG3983 CIMG3984 CIMG3985 CIMG3986 CIMG3987

When I came to a corner I would cut in on an angle and fold down under and inside. I also cut holes for the handles and used duct tape to make it stronger and secure the contact paper.

 CIMG3988 CIMG3989

I love my new box and I am already looking for more excuses to make more of them.

If you have any questions on how I did this please ask.

Linking up with

The Girl Creative Sumo Sweet Stuff

4 comments:

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Great idea! We have the same problem...things get put on the stairs for "later" when we make a trip up. Unfortunately, these items must be invisible to males under the age of 14 or so...because my guys walk right past!

RedBettySummer said...

So easy, and looks great. I was randomly choosing blogs from Anti-Procrastination Tuesday and I am delighted to land on yours! I would have come here eventually anyway, but this was fun to choose it randomly. Have a great day. Stay tidy, and safe!

Unknown said...

That is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

You saved a ton of money by making that pretty box yourself! Great idea!