Thursday, June 2, 2011

Felt head bands and Felt crowns

IMG_7379IMG_7385

Isabel wanted her and Sofie to have crowns for their birthdays this year. And since I had some felt left over from previous projects I figured I would use it to make them some crowns that might last them a while.

Template for crowns were found at First Palette Your step by step guide to kids crafts. Other than the felt and the template I used my trusty glue gun and some beads I had from a snowflake project.

IMG_7356

I folded the felt so it doubled to give it more strength and stability and used the template to draw the crown on the felt, then I used the scissors to cut it out.

IMG_7357

I used the glue gun to glue it all together. The glue from the glue gun also add some extra stability to the felt.

IMG_7358  

I drew by hand the numbers and letters for the crowns. Isabel wanted to have her name on hers. I decided to not do that to Sofie’s crown.

IMG_7363

Then I glued some beads around the points to add more visual interest and the bling the kids enjoy so much.

IMG_7364

I found that the crowns needed a little bit extra stability on the front and used some more felt that I doubled up with the use of my glue gun.

IMG_7365 IMG_7366

I made sure it would fit and cut out the shape of the head point on it.

IMG_7367

Then I glued it on on the back of the head of the crown.

 IMG_7370 IMG_7371

I also wanted to make a banner for the girls and what else would I use but my ever trusted felt.

IMG_7372

I drew the letters by hand on the felt and cut it out.

 IMG_7374

Then I glued the triangles onto some ribbon that I had on hand.

IMG_7375 IMG_7377  

Because I only used supply I had on hand from other projects I spend absolutely nothing on this. Now I just have a bag of felt left that I am giving away if I can only find someone who wants it.

No comments: