Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cauliflower soup

IMG_7599

This is Isabel’s very favorite soup, actually it is the only soup she likes. I don’t remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making it for at least 20 years to the point where I don’t even use a recipe anymore.

All you need is

  • 2 cauliflowers
  • water
  • salt
  • nutmeg
  • flour
  • margarine
  • cream

Cut the cauliflower in big florets, cover with water in a pan and add about 1 Tbsp salt, bring to a boil and let cook till the cauliflower is done {you can easily get a fork through a thick piece}.

Drain the water into a measuring cup holding of 4 or more cups and put the cauliflower in a bowl while you start preparing the rue.

Melt 4 Tbsp margarine in the pan and mix with 1/4 cup flour. Mix well and stir in about 4 cups of the water from the cauliflower. Let it boil for a few minutes.

Stir in the nutmeg and some pepper if you like to taste. Add the cauliflower and break it up into smaller pieces if you like.

Right before you serve it you add some cream. I just pour it in while I stir until the color of the soup is nice and creamy white.

I know it might be hard to follow this recipe, but if you have any questions please ask and I shall try to answer them.

Please enjoy.

No comments: