Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What to pack for 20 hours of travelling

When we leave tomorrow we will have two big bags that we send and three carry on bags/backpacks.

Sofie has a very small one holding some books, Crayola Color Wonder pad and markers, a felt play kit, to felt puppets, her Winnie the Pooh figurines, earphones, Pooh receiving blanket and a stuffed animal or doll.

Isabel has several drawing pads, Crayola Color Wonder pad and markers, ordinary markers, a felt play kit, felt puppets, Nintendo dsi (or gameboy as I call it), iPod, earphones, two stuffed animals, books, writing pads and something of her choice.

I have clean clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, water bottles, iPod, netbook, eReader, writing book and pens, tickets, passports, camera, cellphone and wallet in my bag.

This is what I have found works for us. Clean clothes is the most important one as I have been covered in someone’s stomach contents when arriving at the airport at least once.

Everyone needs something to keep them feeling safe like a favorite stuffed animal or receiving blanket.

Water bottles / sippy cups are a must as I have also arrived soaked. You just have to remember to empty them before the seatbelt sign goes on before landing.

Snacks are very important since my kids hate airplane food.

And generally some entertaining stuff is always good to have.

Note; I am writing this Saturday evening and by the time this is posted I will have arrived at my destination.

I don’t know when I will be able to update you on our travel, but I have scheduled a few posts over the next few days.

Have a great summer.

No comments: