Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Packing for a 7 week vacation

The birthday party is over and it was a huge success. The weather turned out beautiful and warm and the girls had a blast at the park playing in the spray park with all their friends. Afterwards I was exhausted as can be expected and yesterday I just stayed home cleaning my dining room and kitchen. Today I got to run errands all by myself as my hubby was home and took care of the home base, and I even got my hair done for the first time since March of last year. And now I have started packing.

We are going to be gone for about 7 weeks. I am travelling by myself with a 7 year old and a 2 year old. Needless to say that the less we need to bring the better it is. I am also contemplating bringing to Norway things that I won’t need this next year, but would like to have in Norway when I move there next summer. This is why we will bring very little clothes. 

I always try to start early when packing for a trip like this, but as with everything else I end up procrastinating. Knowing that I was going to write this post for Anti Procrastination Tuesday made me feel accountable to someone outside and actually got me started earlier than I would have otherwise.

IMG_7606

I have been doing laundry for days now and all the kids clothes are clean. The first thing I did was putting all of Isabel’s clothes on our bed and sort them. She got to point out a few of her favorite clothes and I got to put away a few items that she has outgrown. Seriously that girl needs to stop growing, we just did this a month ago too.

For Isabel we picked out 5 t-shirts, 5 tank tops, 2 sweaters, 4 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of capris, 4 pairs of shorts, 2 skirts, 4 dresses and 1 wedding party dress, one fleece set, two pjs, socks and underwear. There will also be raingear, a jacket, shoes, sandals and rain boots.

For Sofie there will be 5 t-shirts, 5 tank tops, 2 long sleeve onsies, 3 long sleeve shirts, 1 blouse, 3 sets, 2 sweater jackets, 4 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of capris, 4 pairs of shorts, 4 dresses and 1 wedding party dress, one wool set, two pjs, socks and underwear/diapers. For her too there will be raingear, a jacket, shoes, sandals and rain boots.

For me there will be training clothes (I will stop procrastinating and start exercising), two pairs of pants, one pair of capris, two pairs of shorts, four t-shirts, 8 tank tops, one sweater, two cardigans, a skirt, a dress and a wedding party dress, socks and underwear. Raingear, a jacket, two pairs of shoes and sandals. I will have to buy rain boots when I get to Norway.

Here it is all stacked and ready to go into the bags.

IMG_7608 

What do you think? To much or to little? While we are in Aanderbakkan we will have to hand wash everything and we will be staying there for at least 4 weeks. I really hate packing as it is always so hard to know exactly how much to bring.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I find the most important things to pack are entertainment and food for the little ones on the journey. Keep sanity on the way and you can buy what you forgot once you get there.